The Skidz Clever Activity Boxes were designed to help stimulate and educate babies and little ones at home. We offer nanny training which covers the Skidz curriculum. It is a 1 day course held in Alberton, but we are willing to travel if there are enough people in an area. The training covers a variety of aspects including why early childhood development is important, structured and free play as well as the different developmental milestones and how to help develop them.We discuss the importance of play and why young children need to be stimulated. We cover the importance of learning through reading and music. We encourage the participants to get involved in the activities during training so that they are confident when they need to do it with baby. We will cover the importance of the activities and teach how to stimulate baby on different levels. As we cover the entire Skidz curriculum as well the caregiver will only need to attend one training session for all our boxes. Each attendee will also receive a certificate for completing the training.
The fee for the training is R950 and includes:
- Lunch and beverages
- The importance of play. Discussing the differences of both free and structured play.
- Using the senses, everyday tasks and household items to encourage learning.
- Understanding the different developmental milestones and how to use the activities in the Skidz program to encourage the child’s development.
- Encouraging creative thinking and imaginative play
- Music and reading
- Fun in the kitchen
- How to implement the Skidz program.
- How the program works and how to do the activities.
The nanny training sessions for 2018 as well as January 2019 are fully booked. There is space for February 2019. The dates will still be confirmed.
To book a training session please email [email protected]