Painting is such a fantastic developmental activity for kids. Parents don’t enjoy the mess half as much as the kids, so here is a little compromise. BATH TUB PAINT! It is contained in a small space which is easy to clean and does not stain or dirty everything.
We have tried 2 recipes and prefer the which uses the baby soap/shampoo, but here is both for you to try.
Option 1: Baby shampoo
- 4-6 pumps of baby shampoo / wash.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 -3 drops food colouring
- 1-2 teaspoons of water (add water till you get the right consistency.
- A few squirts of dishwashing liquid
- 2-3 drops of food colouring
- a lot if shaving cream
We mixed it in muffin pans so it is only one container for all the paint. The silicone one even floats on top of the bath water.